In the pretty village of Sant Joan de Labritja, located in the north of Ibiza, peace and tranquility are king. A village of white houses, a few establishments and an 18th century church with a peculiar belfry.
Back in the fifties, a young farmer and carpenter from the neighbouring municipality of Santa Eulalia, Joan Mari, fulfilled his dream of opening a bar in the vicinity of the village of Sant Carles de Peralta. He ran a small roadside bar with a dance hall in the back that was called Las Dalias, as it was surrounded by this variety of flower. Its opening coincided with the feast of San Carlos, on 4 November 1954, which was a major social event.