Here are 5 places, ideas and proposals that you simply can’t miss in the north of the island of Ibiza this summer. Lovely corners, beaches and restaurants for discovering the real Ibiza and enjoy your holidays to the max.
1. Sunset in Na Xamena. Na Xamena, located in the area of the Port de Sant Miquel de Balansat, has one of the most breathtaking sunsets on the island which you can enjoy from the top of its cliffs. You can either enter into nature in search of the ideal rock where to sit to enjoy the setting or, sit at one of the tables of Hotel Hacienda with front row views of the sunset while enjoying a delicious cocktail that will round up the experience.
2. The beach of Port de Sant Miquel. A natural port that has little of port but much of natural. In the past it was a place for exporting agricultural goods, but it was also frequented by smugglers that in the recesses of this coast they found perfect hiding places. Now the time has passed and this beautiful corner has become a perfect place to spend a day of sun and sand in the peaceful waters of its bay. Here are five ideas to fully enjoy every second in this place.
3. The most emblematic and natural of the north: Portinatx and its surroundings. When looking for the ideal cove you will see that the island has as many proposals to never repeat. Every corner of the coast has its own charm that makes it special: rocky beach, fishermen huts, fine sand, calm waters, beautiful sea beads… So, do you also want to find that special place that will make you feel like in paradise?
4. The taste of seafood cuisine: Fresh fish of the day. The restaurant Can Gat has now been for almost half a century preparing fish in a thousand and one ways, but never forgetting the traditional touch, which is always a guarantee of quality. This restaurant is located in the heart of Cala de Sant Vicent, the northernmost beach of the island, where there is just one fisherman left who is in charge of supplying with the best fresh catch to this restaurant. So if you come to this beach, do not hesitate to reserve a table and try their delicious John Dory, caught in the waters of Ibiza and gently cooked in the oven. An extraordinary dish.
5. Let’s go shopping: Sant Joan de Labritja market. Every Sunday from 10.30 am, in the small village of Sant Joan, in the north of the island, they bring out the stalls to the street to show visitors the typical crafts of the area. This beautiful corner becomes a meeting point between the countryside and tourism. Here you can buy all kinds of crafts and especially organic fruits and vegetables of these lands. A spectacular place to do some interesting shopping with live music and a lively atmosphere all morning.