Today from our blog we show you the 10 places you can’t miss in the north part of the island of Ibiza. The best spots to discover the real Ibiza.
1. Sunset at Benirràs. Beautiful Ibizan cove, sandy and crystalline waters. With the Cap Bernat islet just in front. One of the best sunsets in Ibiza. Drum party (“Fiesta de los tambores”) every Sunday.
2. “Bullit de Peix” and “Arroz a Banda”. Enjoy these delicious dishes of the Ibicenco traditional and seafood cuisine in many of the beach bars and beach restaurants in the north of Ibiza. Ibicenco chefs, important!
3. “Sa Canal d’en Martí”. A small and lovely natural harbour, very close to Pou d’es Lleó. Very nice fishermen’s huts. A wonderful spot to spend the day away from the summer crowds. Very beautiful place!
4. Sant Llorenç de Balàfia. Beautiful inland Ibicenco village, very traditional and surrounded by farmlands and fields. Also visit the nearby Town of Balàfia (medieval village) and the “Centro de Interpretación Es Amunts” (where you can discover the flora and fauna of this natural reserve).
5. Balansat tower (18th Century). One of those nice defense towers, so characteristic of the coast of the island of Ibiza. Located on Punta de Sa Creu, in Port de Sant Miquel. It once dominated the northern part of the island of Ibiza. Perfect for lovers of nature walks and beautiful views.
6. Cala d’en Serra and Es Portixol. Two suggestions of incredible Ibicenco coves. For those seeking peacefulness and places away from the tourist spots. Very authentic and very Ibiza!
7. Es Pins and Ca Na Pepeta restaurants. Suggestive and traditional Ibicenco cuisine proposals. Perfect to enjoy the most authentic cuisine of the island of Ibiza. And at very competitive prices.
8. Crafts Market and “Ball Pagès”. Every Thursday in the summer months, in the village of Sant Miquel de Balansat from 6pm you can visit and enjoy the interesting craft market. And as well, between 6.15pm and 7pm takes place in the church square ”Ball Pagès” demonstrations (Ibicenco folkloric dancing) by “Colla de Balansat”. Fantastic!
9. Amante Beach Club. A place to fall in love with. A wonderful and very Ibiza spot. Restaurant and Beach Club. Nice atmosphere at any time.
10 . Scuba-diving. Wonderful spots in the north of Ibiza to practice it, such as “La Isla Murada”, the popular “Cueva de la Luz”, “Las Columnas de Hercules”, “Cuevas de Ses Caletes” and “Los Agujeros Azules”. Simply amazing!